Volvo is ready kicked off with an environmentally friendly product. This week, the Swedish manufacturer that states are ready to release 10 units of electric vehicles on the C30 to the market this spring. Volvo C30 will provide battery-powered electricity at the Detroit Auto Show in January, with plans to build a fleet of 50 vehicles for testing real-world test in 2011.
The model shown in Detroit would be more along the prototype development process than previously presented in September at the Frankfurt Auto Show.
"The first prototype to help us identify the main technological challenges, such as battery packs and safety issues. We have discussed this challenge without sacrificing C30 cool and pleasant personality-to-drive. I am very pleased with the results. The C30 power in Detroit is a product that much more complete, "said Lennart Stegland, Director Volvo Cars Special Vehicles.
Certainty that after the manufacturer signed an agreement with the company Göteborg Energi. All the demo units of each product and will be equipped with measuring instruments to determine the effectiveness of energy used.
Volvo C30 Electric cars offer security as is typical of other manufacturers. The main difference of this vehicle as compared with other Volvo models only on pure electricity consumption.
"10 units shipped will begin this spring Volvo C30 Electric one of our focus on products as a drive that also mengampanyekan new way of life.," Says Volvo's party in a written statement, as reported by autoevolution (06/09/2010) .
This car is claimed to have traveled 150 kilometers distance in a state of the battery is fully charged. The energy source is supplied from lithium-ion batteries can be recharged simply by striking the wall socket. It took eight hours to charge from empty to full position.
For acceleration, the car can drive 000-100 miles per hour in less than 11 seconds and can reach a maximum speed of 130 km / hr.
- R-Design badge in the grille
- Grille and door mirror housings in special silk metal finish
- Body kit with front and rear spoilers, lower door trim moulding and side-skirts colour-matchedto the rest of the body
- New 17-inch five-spoke Cratus aluminium wheels (18-inch optional)
- Tailgate spoiler
- Visible chrome-plated sports tailpipes (90 mm)
- Upholstery in two colour combinations: cream-coloured leather with sides in dark grey Flex-Tec, or off-black leather with edges in off-black (new)
- Embossed R-Design emblem in the front seats
- R-Design centre stack and panel inserts
- Gear lever knob trimmed in leather and aluminium
- Sports pedals in aluminium, with rubber ribs
- Sports steering wheel trimmed in leather, with R-Design emblem
- Blue speedometer and rev counter gauges
- Textile floor mats with contrasting piping